March 27, 2014

Spring it on: skincare routine.

 Photos by me.

Season transitions aren't just about wardrobe cleanings and makeovers, but about reassessing the beauty regime too. After months of exposure to both cold weather and indoor heat our skin started to look a little dull, and the arrival of spring brings its own set of challenges for skin to adjust to. But, as spring is a time of rejuvenating and growth, it is also the perfect occasion for me to pamper my skin with some new additions to the beauty basket.

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water: I'm sure many of you are familiar with the concept of micellar waters as the all natural and soap-free solutions that provide perfect make up removal, cleansing and soothing hydration thanks to molecules called micelles. I'm also sure you know almost every brand has come up with their micellar solution, with Bioderma being the most popular and hyped one. I have tried using Bioderma Sensibio once but could have not agree with all the good reviews it was getting since it gave me major breakouts without even being able to take all my make up off. On the other hand, L'Oreal Skin Perfection Purifying Micellar Solution was very good at removing make up, but over time became too drying for the parts of my face that were already dealing with too much dryness. Luckily, Garnier launched their micellar solution just in time I was revamping my skincare and has proven to be the best one so far. Easily and succesfully dealing with the problems I was having with previous solutions, Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water became a staple in my skincare routine and the product I would happily put on my recommendation list.

Nuxe Cleansing Melting Gel: Despite the fact that Garnier does an excellent job at removing make up and impurities off my face, I somehow feel that skin is perfectly clean with an use of a water and cleansing gel afterwards. I am absolutely loving my most recent buy from Nuxe; its light texture and lovely smell of rose petals, and also the soft and hydrating sensation it leaves on my skin.


Avene Gentle Purifying Scrub: Increasing the exfoliation of your skin is definitely one of the most recommended steps in the spring skincare routine. Why? Because of the dry air during winter, skin may have built up some dead skin cell residue. And with the increased oil flow that skin starts to produce in spring, that oil gets trapped under the previously mentioned residue, resulting in clogged pores and breakouts. To help get rid of the dead skin cells, stimulate the natural cell renewal process and to achieve a healthy radiant glow of the skin, it is necessary to find a mild scrub to use twice or even three times a week.  My choice was sensitive-skin friendly scrub from Avene, that has a mild gel texture and pleasant exfoliating micro-beads.

Garnier 24h Moisture Match Nourishing Rich Cream: Switching to light moisturizer is also one of the necessitated spring changes. Although this cream is meant for dry and very dry skin, it is much lighter than all these recovery creams and treatments I have been using during winter months. I wasn't looking for anything revolutionary from this cream besides a good hydration and make up base and that is exactly what this cream provides.

Nuxe Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm: The biggest problem I was having this winter were my constantly dry and chopped lips that none of the lip treatments managed to solve. So I decided to step up my game with more frequent lip scrubs and probably the most efficient lip balm out there. I use it overnight and already starting to see the difference thanks to the this rich texture of honey, plant oil and shea butter.


Have you been using any of these products? What does your spring routine consists of?


Follow my blog on Bloglovin', Facebook & Instagram.