June 17, 2014

Tuesday wishlist: espadrilles.


Move on, slip-on sneakers trend. We did certainly indulge in you this spring, but with the warmer months coming up we need something breathable, comfortable and both street and sand friendly. We need espadrilles.

Whether you'll be relaxing on a sandy Mediterranean beach or running errands on hot city streets, it is espadrilles you'll definitely be needing. Traditionally made of woven rope sole and canvas upper, these flats shoes are anything but plain and boring. The classic navy striped ones are still the most charming; but all colors, prints and patterns are in, and so are the materials. So if you're not into canvas that much choose between leather, lace or mesh. With Chanel, Tory Burch and many other designer names jumping in on this trend, espadrilles will be fashionable enough even for the most demanding fashionistas.

And I can't wait to get my hands on - or better say - my feet in these too. Saying that lately I can't stand high heels may sound too harsh, but it's true. On summer I opt for anything that will make me feel like I'm walking barefoot and the espadrilles are what probably will give me the closest sensation. And I can see every single one shown on the photo above working perfectly with my summer clothes.

And can you see yourself wearing espadrilles this summer? Shop them here:


 Follow my blog on Bloglovin', Facebook & Instagram.