July 3, 2014

The summer edit: sun protection.

Photos by me. Pouch: Avon; cover up Sheinside.

I'm actually a low-maintenance when it comes to the products I carry with me on the beach, and that mostly has to do with the fact that I don't like spending the entire day out on the sun. A couple of hours are just enough for me to get my Vitamin D boost and gradually develop my tan; just like couple of essential products are enough to protect my body, face and lips for that period of time. So scroll down to see which these are and please remind me to turn off my computer this afternoon, go to the beach and actually put them in use again.


Hawaiian Tropic Protective Dry Spray Oil. If you love coconut scent you will love it even more; and if you don't, you will definitely start to once introduced to the classic rich coconut scent of Hawaiian Tropic Sun Protection products. Just like I did! My favorite pick out of the line is the dry oil formula because it works best for my skin, helps me tan quickly and does not clog my pores. It leaves my skin feeling moisturized without oiliness, while the water resistant formula allows me to dip in the sea without worrying about having to reapply my sun protection.

Vichy Capital Soleil Mattifying Face Fluid Dry Touch. I am very picky about the sun protection products for my face: in summer my skin tends to get more oily and the last thing I need is a heavy, pore-clogging, greasy-feeling cream that will stay on my skin like a thick white mask. Vichy mattifying face fluid is such a lightweight product, ideal for combination/oily skin. It protects against UVA and UVB rays and leaves the skin perfectly shine free and dry to the touch. It was a my beach bag must-have last summer and it is again now.

Hawaiian Tropic Lip Gloss. Not only it is light and intensely moisturizing, has a SPF 25 and prevents any sun damage, but it also adds a subtle glossiness. Perfect choice if you are attending a beach or a pool party, right? It comes in a variety of lovely fruity scents, with Mango Papaya being my current pick.


Evian Facial Spray. Out of my collection of face mists with different ingredients and purposes, I find Evian to be my best beach companion. It is a natural mineral water that, as stated on the can, increases skin hydration by 14%. And it does help my skin look and feel cooled down, fresh and hydrated and, in case it gets a little burned, soothed. I hold it about 15-20 cm away from my face, make a quick swirly spray and that's it. Of course, I always carry with me a bottle of Evian water as well, so I stay hydrated both from the inside and out.

Let me know, when it comes to skin care and protection, what are your beach/pool essentials?
And if you would like to try mine then check out the shopping links below:





Follow my blog on Bloglovin', Facebook & Instagram.