October 6, 2014

Repeat offender.

See the outfit details: here, here and here.




I'm definitely no stranger to finding and creating new and different ways to wear some of the favorite pieces from my closet. (And even wearing the same entire outfit twice but, shhh, don't tell anyone.) But I can understand why the idea can be a little bit tricky and why, even if you are not a fashion lover or a fashion blogger sharing your style on a countless social platforms for a world to see, it is easy to develop some sort of irrational fear of repeating outfits. But honestly, it is actually comical how pressured and stressed we would get about not having something to wear when we clearly do have something to wear, and how stubbornly we would refuse to reach for that favorite pair of jeans or a biker jacket, despite the fact that it would make another great outfit.

I find the great satisfaction in the fact that the same jeans or a pair of jacket turn out to be a great shopping choice, a versatile and easy to wear piece in different styles and occasions. For example, my faux leather trousers (shown above) can give my outfit a grunge vibe when paired with cropped biker jacket and a flannel shirt tied up around my waist, as well as more chic and polished vibe when worn with a cardigan and a pair of high heels. Scroll down to see how I wore some of the other favorites.

Get the closer look on my burgundy pants: here, here and here.




Check out this sheer skirt here, here and here.





Faux leather shorts in action here, here and here.




As you can see by my outfits, the key to repeating is switching it up. While solids and accessories make the switching easier,
bold prints and patterns may be more difficult to disguise as a repeat. But not impossible.

What items are you obsessing about and wearing over and over again? 
As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!


Follow my blog on Bloglovin', Facebook & Instagram.