October 27, 2014

The Fall Edit: radiant skin.

Photos by me.

I strongly believe that radiant skin comes from the inside - with a healthy and balanced diet, significant water intake and a good night sleep - and I do provide my skin with all of these. But I still don't mind reaching out for some radiance boost on the outside as well, especially during the fall and the winter when the skin is more prone to dullness and fatigueness. So in the second post from my "The Fall Edit" series (see the first one here) I am sharing with you, hands down, favorite products included in my fall make up routine. If your skin is dry and sensitive I am sure it will benefit from these too; however, other skin types might need some different solutions.


Clarins Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion Base (available here). This radinace-boosting base was on my wishlist for quite some time and I can definitely say I made the right choice! Actually, all the Clarins products I started using in the meantime quickly got on the top of my list and made this french brand among those my skin responds to very well.

When it comes to this skin perfector, Clarins made sure to offer three shades with each one intended to correct a specific complexion concern. And if you want to eliminate dullness then you will need the 01 Rose just like I did. This salmon pink colored base contains a new "Lumi-Tech" complex which brightens the complexion and eliminates any shadows, as well as the Katafray extract which leaves the skin feeling nicely moisturized. Rest assured this base does not contain any shimmer, just a hint of color. It has a texture of a lightweight lotion and it spreads and absorbs very easily. I love wearing it on its own as it makes my complexion look so fresh and healthy looking; but what I love even more is wearing it under my foundation, as it perfectly preps my skin for a long lasting coverage.


Deborah Milano Radiance Creator Illumination Foundation in 01 Fair. When you have a very dry skin and you apply a foundation that contains Lichi extracts, anti-oxidant pomegranate oil and a hyaluronic acid-based complex, what do you get? You get a luminous, even-toned, well-nourished skin and long lasting softness and hydration. And that's not even all - you get a long lasting, medium to full coverage too! What I suggest is using a brush for application and gradually building up the coverage, as the thick consistency is definitely one of the main features of this foundation. But once applied it feels very lightweight and not at all cakey. Since I decided not to use any powders for my make up this fall, I do not set this foundation with one. I just use a spritz or two of a make up setting spray or the Beauty Elixir, and the foundation stays flawless all day long.

Sephora Smoothing & Brightening Concealer (get it here). I wanted to get my hands on the famous YSL Touche Éclat illuminating pen, but on my last visit to Sephora I think I just found a perfect budget-friendly dupe. It has the same tapered brush applicator that allows a precise application, same light-effecting pigments and almost the same formula that blends smoothly with fingers, a sponge or a brush. I do not suffer from neither major imperfections nor dark circles under my eyes, I just needed a product that would make me look more awake. I am definitely thankful to this Sephora pen for making me so.


What products do you use when your skin is a need of a radiance and a healthy glow - looking forward to read your thoughts and recommendations in the comments below! And if you would like to try Clarins Illuminating Base or Sephora concealer
you can shop them by clicking on the links below:




Follow my blog on Bloglovin', Facebook & Instagram.