January 17, 2015

A little TLC: winter skin.

Photos by me.

Protecting your skin, supplying it with beneficial ingredients and keeping it healthy is something you should be doing year-round but especially during winter months. From the harsh cold wind outdoors to the heated and dry air indoors - there is so much our skin has to struggle with right now. So today I'm sharing with you some of my favorite winter skincare additions, the products I mostly reach for whenever my face, lips, nails or body are in a need of an extra TLC.

Caudalie Grape Water: Unlike the refreshing Beauty Elixir which I'm religiously using the rest of the year; Grape Water is one of these soothing and moisturizing facial sprays my skin needs when it's getting too cold. I use it as a toner in my morning skincare routine, but I always try to carry it around in my handbag and spray it whenever I feel my skin is getting drier than usual.

Nuxe Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm: This is not the first time I'm sharing the love for this lip balm on the blog and I'm pretty sure it won't be the last either. The constantly dry and chopped lips are neither a pleasant sight nor feeling, but Nuxe lip balm is one of the rare lip treatments that actually manage to solve the problem. It contains a rich texture of honey, plant oil, shea butter and grapefruit essence. My tip? Let these natural ingredients do their magic overnight and leave you with the soft and soothed lips in the morning. Because unlike most lip products that just create the barrier on your lips, Nuxe actually deeply nourishes and repairs them.

OPI Avoplex Nail and Cuticle Oil: Besides my lips, winter mostly takes its toll on my nails and cuticles. And no matter if I am constantly slathering hand creams or wearing gloves when I go outside, my cuticles get so dried out to the point they actually hurt. OPI oil contains the mix of Vitamin E, avocado, sunflower, sesame oil; and not only does it provide an immediate remedy and protection, but it keeps the cuticles soft for a long time. Plus, the tube packaging and soft-touch brush makes it a portable and an easy to apply product.


Avene Eau Thermale Hydrating Serum: Unlike the regular moisturizers, serums are very rich in active ingredients and, more importantly, they are able to get them into the deeper layers of your skin. Therefore, they should be included in your everyday skincare routine. And if you suffer from dry skin then a good hydrating serum has to sink in quickly, leave no residue and provide skin with a nice dose of water. And with 77% thermal spring water and some glycerin, this Avene serum does exactly that. I apply a generous amount of it on my face and neck area and notice the difference right away - my skin is smooth, dewy and perfectly prepped for my usual moisturiser.

L'Occitane Almond Milk Veil: I pretty much love everything with the word "almond" in it; especially when it comes in the form of the soft, nourishing and beautifully scented body care product. Besides almond oil, this body lotion also contains milk, proteins and silicium (an organic mineral with regenerative properties), and even delicate micro-pearls that help illuminate your skin and make it look vibrantly healthy. And applied right after my other body care staple from the same range - Almond Shower Oil - this body lotion makes the perfect moisturizing booster. The suppleness of the skin lingers on, and so does the delicate fresh scent.

I would love to hear what do you do to keep your skin free of dryness and irritation during winter months - 
you know I always love reading your recommendations! And let me know if you have tried any of the 
products listed above! Have a nice weekend everyone!

SHOP THE PRODUCTS:

___________________________________________________________________________________

Get the latest updates on  BLOGLOVIN' & FACEBOOK.