October 22, 2015

The beauty talk / Beauty oils

Photos by me.

I don't remember the condition of my skin and my hair ever being this bad like it was this seasonal transition; changing from normal to super sensitive and dried out almost overnight. For the last couple of weeks I've been on a mission to update and refresh my beauty routine, so I thought of bringing back the Beauty posts on the blog and share with you some of my favorite beauty picks. 

Today it is all about the oil-based products! Once being very careful with anything with a word "oil" in it I am now a true converter who always reach out for different facial/body/hair oils to help re-balance and restore the optimum levels of hydration during the fall and winter months. If you suffer from dried out and sensitive skin too then scroll down as I made sure to include a short introduction to each product.


Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Shampoo. While I keep postponing the much needed visit to the hairdresser (I just cannot seem to made up my mind about the style or the length) at least I am trying to provide my hair with a lot of TLC. I am pleasantly surprised with this shampoo especially considering I have never tried anything from the Dove hair range. It does everything the perfect shampoo should be doing for me -  leaves my hair incredibly soft and shiny without weighing it down or overloading it with product, helps fight the frizz and smells amazing. Next on my wishlist: Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Balm.

Garnier Skin Perfector Ultimate Beauty Oil. When it comes to body oils Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse is without a doubt my HG product, but often I turn to this equally efficient Garnier one. It is a dry oil too, meaning it is lightweight and does not leave my skin looking greasy. It works best applied on the wet skin right after the shower. Very moisturizing and comforting, it is the best body oil product in the drugstore/ budget friendly category.


Rituals Fortune Oil Caring Shower Oil. I used to think no shower product could ever top L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil, but after just one use I can say Rituals is already seriously threatening. Once it hits the water, this oil turns into soft milky foam and the way it leaves my skin beautifully soft and nourished makes me almost not needing to apply the body lotion afterwards. Plus, it almost feels like a luxurious spa experience, with a wonderful warm fragrance of sweet orange and cedar wood. In love!

Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil. Clarins introduced their innovative formula that works both as a lip conditioner and a lip gloss! Natural oils of mirabelle plum, jojoba and hazelnut will not only instantly sooth the dry and damaged lips but will keep them nourished and moisturized for a long time. Applying an oil on your lips may sound strange, but rest assured this is not the liquid oil but rather a gel-like non sticky formula that feels very pleasant on the lips. It leaves the beautiful shine both on the bare lips and over the lipstick - does not make any significant color shift, but it does make lips appear fuller.


L'Oreal Extraordinary Facial Cleansing Oil. This products took away all of my doubts regarding the oil based cleansers! It is the cleanser and the make up remover too and I love how easy it is to use. All I have to do is apply 2-3 pumps, slightly lather them up, rub it in all over my face and lids, and feel how perfectly it dissolves all the traces of make up and impurities. While most of the cleaners can strip the skin of their essential natural oils and leave it feeling dehydrated and tight, this one leaves my skin feeling softer and more nourished. And not at all greasy! Plus, I love the scent and the sleek bottle it comes in.

Have you tried any of the products above? I would love to read how you deal with stressed/dry/sensitive skin and hair, 
so don't forget to leave your recommendations in the comment section below!


_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/jeans-roses-11521931  https://www.facebook.com/thjeansandrosesblog  https://instagram.com/sabinabotica/  https://www.pinterest.com/sabinabotica/  jeansandroses@hotmail.com  http://jeansandroses.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default