December 17, 2015

The beauty talk / December favorites

 Photos by me.

01  //  Melvita Bourbon Geranium Floral Water My collection of facial sprays have been constantly growing, and it will even more now that I have discovered the floral waters from Melvita! Floral waters actually do not do much in the way of skin care; they are more of a soothing and satisfying product, mostly likely to be used as a toner and a make up setter. Melvita floral waters are created with 99% natural and 99% organic ingredients, and this particular one includes Bourbon Geranium and its delicate fragrance. It helps refine pores and smooth texture of the skin and just gives the radiant look I am always after! Next on my wishlist: the hydrating Damask Rose Floral Water.

02 //  L'Oreal Elnett Satin Heat Protect Styling Spray This spray is specially adapted to ease your hair straightening routine and protects your hair from the heat damage - especially if you are using the straighteners. I personally use just the hair drier, but spraying this product prior to blow drying locks out the frizz, achieves smooth and more manageable hair and actually helps it look/feel straight for longer.


 03 //  Aussie Miracle Beach Waves Spray Another hair care favorite that actually gives me complete the opposite effect from the L'Oreal one. I have always been a huge fan of that textured messy style you get when you come straight from the beach, and knew I would eventually have to find a hair product that would help me achieve that even when outside the summer months. I got my hands on this Aussie spray and the first thing I fell in love with was the smell! Oh, amazing! I spray it by holding it about 15 cm from my hair, then rung my fingers and scrunch a little bit. Because I have a straight hair it does not give me actual waves but it does add a nice texture and the volume, without being to stiff or rough.

04 //  Apivita Lie Reducing Face Mask  First I have to say that this Greek natural cosmetic brand is probably my favorite beauty discovery of the entire year and that it definitely deserves an entire post on its own! This particular face mask was actually the first product from the brand I have tried and I absolutely loved it; so it was shortly followed by another face mask, a face scrub and a lip balm! Grape is definitely a theme in my skin care regime as it is proven to firm the skin and reduce the wrinkles and, hey, I am not getting any younger. Apivita uses the grape for all the exact purposes but it adds an exclusive innovation too: it replaces the water in face mask with green tea infusion to enhance the antioxidant action of the grape. Yes, please! I absolutely love this mask as I feel it really softens and revives my skin and makes it look fresh and healthy looking.


05  //  Caudalie Crushed Cabernet Scrub  If you are familiar with Caudalie brand, then you know all their products are natural and grape based. Those famous grapes from the Bordeaux vineyards in France were once again put in a great use in this body scrub which, packed with cabernet seed, is the perfect buffer for smooth and hydrated skin. Seeds are mixed with brown sugar, pure honey and six organic essential oils; and make the ultimate indulgence in the shower. The smell is absolutely amazing! This scrub also promises to have a draining effect on your skin and to smooth out the cellulite but, truth to be told, I wasn't paying too much attention on that aspect. I was mostly focusing on the incredible smoothness and softness my skin is left with after the use, so much that I can actually skin applying the lotion afterwards.

06 //  Zara Nuit Eau De Perfum  I have always been a fan of Zara perfumes but this time I think I've found a hidden gem! Zara Nuit is just the perfect fragrance for this time of the year: it gives a mix of bergamot, vanilla and amber, and also a bit of baby powder. Warm, cozy, surprisingly long lasting and such an amazing bargain!

What were your beauty favorites these last weeks of the year?


SHOP MY DECEMBER BEAUTY FAVORITES:


_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/jeans-roses-11521931  https://www.facebook.com/thjeansandrosesblog  https://instagram.com/sabinabotica/  https://www.pinterest.com/sabinabotica/  jeansandroses@hotmail.com  http://jeansandroses.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default