February 25, 2014

Brand love: NYX

 Photos by me.

A balanced and nourished skin is a perfect base for any make up, so after sharing parts of my daily skincare with you (here and here) I am devoting a new post to make up. Actually, to my last year's biggest discovery when it comes to make up brands.  

NYX is a Los Angeles based company who has brought a little piece of sunny California to my country too about a half year ago. I was immediately intrigued by their wide range of professional make up and the excellent reviews it was getting and it wasn't long before it started taking over my make up collection. Today I'm sharing with you just some of the products I am currently using, but if you would like to see more visit NYXCosmetics.



Bronzer & Blusher Combo - The "Marbella" combination seemed like the perfect choice of light peachy pink matte blush and 
light brown bronzer with a hint of glitter in it. While I was right about the blush and have been wearing it continuously, this bronzer 
turned out to be a little bit dark for winter months. But I am sure I will wear it a lot during springtime and, especially, summertime 
and get that perfect sun-kissed glow we all aspire to.

Rouge Cream Blush - The perfect on-the-go type of blush in shade "natural" which I can quickly apply with my fingertips 
whenever I need a little color on my cheeks. I also find it to work well as a base for powder blush, making it brighter, more 
pigmented and more lasting.



Jumbo Eye Pencil -  Creamy, pigmented and long lasting eye pencil that can be worn either as a base for eyeshadow, an eyeshadow or the eye pencil. The shade I have is "sparkle nude" and it goes well with almost all of the neutral eye shadow colors I love.

Wonder Pencil - Speaking of multi-tasking products, I have to mention this pencil in the shade "light". I mostly use it for my waterline but when needed, it works just as well as the highlighter underneath the brows or a concealer to any blemish that might pop up. 



HD Eye Shadow Base - Whether I need to make my eyeshadow color more enhanced, crease free and long lasting, or I just need to  even out and smooth the skin on my eyelids, I always reach out for eye shadow primers. What drawn me to this NYX one was the fact that it has a great reviews and is even considered a dupe for the well known Urban Decay Primer Potion. It comes in a nude shade that has to be let to set for a minute or two before applying an eyeshadow, and makes it look flawless all day long.

Dewy Finish Setting Spray - Perfect product to prevent my foundation and powder from looking too cakey on my dry skin, and to prolong the wear of my make up.


Considering that I've been loving their products so far, NYX will definitely be my first choice when I start updating my make up
necessities for the upcoming season, with the lipstick and lip butters being at the top of the list. Have you used NYX make up?
Share your favorites in the comments below!