March 1, 2015

Make up talk: pinch of peach.

Photos by me.

The official beginning of spring may be three weeks away, but why not incorporate some spring-inspired shades into your make up routine right now? Peach is one of these colors that brings life and youth to your appearance and instantly warms up your face - and I was in some serious need of all of these. So move over dull wintery greys, browns and taupes; hello healthy-glow peachy tones.


Essie Nail Polish in Mamba. Although I am definitely ditching the deep and dark hues nail polishes that I have been wearing during fall and winter, I am still thinking what pastel tones I will be updating my nail varnish collection with. And in the meantime, I have found Essie Mamba to be my favorite transitioning shade: neutral, peachy-nude, slightly shimmery. Just the perfect nail polish choice to wear on everyday basis and to help place all the attention on my rings stacks.


MAC Lipstick in Pure Zen. I think I've finally came to the realization that, despite my countless attempts to wear it, I'm just not the bold lip type of girl. Dark lip color just requires too much effort and, quite frankly (or quite worse) tends to age me. And although I know that many of you love to wear bold lips, I am sure sometimes you need something a little more low-key and natural, but definitely not boring or washed out. And that's where the peach lipstick comes in. When it comes to Pure Zen, it is not the obvious peach shade but more of a warm beige nude with a hint of peach. And it has a creme sheen finish that makes your lips feeling soft and moisturized. Looks beautiful worn with peach blush for a day time, and even better with a dark smoke eye make up look for a night time.

NYX Lip Primer. I have never opted for lip primers before, but I knew I would need them to turn my lips into some sort of perfect canvas, as well as enhance the color of a lipstick, keep it from flaking and make it last. I am more than impressed how this NYX one ticks all these boxes, especially worn underneath Pure Zen (or any other semi-sheer lipstick, as the matter of fact).


MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle. Peach blush does a great work in accentuating your cheekbones and giving your complexion a natural and glowing look (my pick is Deborah Milano Face Perfect Creamy Blush); but the bronzy-peach highlighter does the work even better. Although Soft & Gentle could be classified as a warm-toned highlighter, it is such a flattering color that I am sure would look amazing on any skin tone. And yes it has the hint of shimmer, but gives you nothing but a light and natural sun-kissed look.


NYX Infinite Shadow Stick in Silk. Truth to be told, I have had it in my stash for quite a while, but it is in the last couple of weeks that this creamy, pigmented and long lasting eye pencil became my eye make up favorite. I actually apply it as an eyeshadow all over my lid and simply blend it out with my finger - so quick, easy and smudgeproof. I love the peachy nude shade of "Silk", it has a metallic finish and perfectly brightens up my eyes.

Peach color seem to be suitable for every skin tone and perfect for every area of your face - so are you leaning towards these peachy make up too? 
Let me know your picks in the comments section below!

SHOP THE MAKE UP PRODUCTS:




___________________________________________________________________________
 
Get the latest updates on  BLOGLOVIN' & FACEBOOK.