December 20, 2014

Winter palette: nail polishes.

Photos by me.

My mood and color palettes changes just when the seasons do; and with the winter time approaching, deeper and darker hues are taking over my wardrobe, make up and nail varnishes. So today I'm sharing with you the recent updates to my nail polish collection. Please note that the lighting on the photos did affect the color show on couple of nail polishes, but I included the description for each one so you could get a  better idea of what the color really looks like in real life. When it comes to brands it is not hard to guess which are my favorites - you have probably seen Essie and L'Oreal Color Riche being featured on my blog multiple times before. However, Max Factor is a new addition but a pleasant surprise in terms of color, formula and application.

(On the photo above.) Essie Angora Cardi: This muted rosy mauve tone might be considered a darker shade, but is so incredibly subtle at the same time. No wonder it is my well loved fall-winter nail polish second year in a row;  
Essie Mamba: Speaking of the neutral and subtle colors, I have to mention one of the latest additions but already one of my favorite neutral-nude-slightly shimmery shades. You can get a glimpse of me wearing it here. 
Essie Blanc: How do I even start describing it without sounding like an utterly obsessed? Because I am utterly obsessed! This perfect opaque white color can definitely be worn at any season and I have proved it myself by wearing it all year around. And I have to admit that I have been intentionally avoiding it for the last couple of months but only so I can love it more now - I just cannot wait to put it on again and see it popping up under the sleeves of my oversized chunky white sweater;  
Essie After School Boy Blazer: The very dark navy blue - so dark that sometimes you can hardly tell if it's actually navy or black. But there's no doubt that it looks chic.


(From top to bottom.) L'Oreal Color Riche in 604 metropolitan: If you have been following my blog then you must have seen me wearing this perfect not-too-dark-and-not-too-pale shade of grey in the several occasions (like here and here);
L'Oreal Color Riche "Dark Sides Of Grey" in 892 totally d'accord: Grey is definitely a popular color this season and L'Oreal not only offered four limited edition shades of grey but made each one in a different texture. And all in a part of its "Dark Sides Of Grey" collection. I opted for a "spiky" finishing effect;
L'Oreal Color Riche in 702 black swan: Black nail polish doesn't need much of an introduction and, as long as I'm concerned, it will never go out of style.


Max Factor Glossfinity in 155 burgundy crush: I cannot even explain how this photo doesn't do any justice for this gorgeous berry color nor describe what a perfect festive combination does this nail polish makes when paired with Rimmel Long Lasting Finish by Kate Moss lipstick in 11;  
Max Factor Glossfinity in 185 ruby fruit: I love this deep burgundy shade a lot, but I love that it looks almost black when fully applied even more;
O.P.I in malaga wine: Because you can never have enough red in your life, especially in a form of this beautiful, cool toned, dark red nail polish color.

What shades have you been wearing on your nails lately - as always, I would love to read 
your favorites in the comment section below! Have a nice weekend everyone!

SHOP THE PRODUCTS:



__________________________________________________________________________________

Get the latest updates on  BLOGLOVIN' & FACEBOOK.