November 8, 2014

The Fall Edit: lipsticks.

Photos by me.

I'm sure by now you are familiar with the concept of "The Fall Edit" posts on my blog. In this series I'm talking about updating my beauty and make up routine for this fall; and after sharing with you my favorite eye make up (here) and radiance boosting products (here), it is time for my very narrowed down and simplified lipstick picks.

Over the time, all these lipsticks, lipglosses, lip liners and whatnots have just been piling up in my make up collection without ever being properly used, so I decided to toss almost all of them. As my lips tend to get dry during fall and winter I wanted to focus more on the getting the necessary lip scrubs and the lip balms; and then finding some quality lipsticks and shades that would be easy to wear on everyday basis. And much to my surprise, I didn't have to search beyond the Rimmel counter.

Although Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Moss lipsticks have been around for quite some time and regularly updated with new seasonal shades or matte versions, somehow they never got my attention. Completely undeserved, I may add now. First of all, I love their packaging - it is simple and sleek, with the chic detail in the form of Kate's signature in red. I have to admit I got a little tired of all these luxe, gold, over-designed packaging of lipsticks such as YSL Rouge Volup (although I have had these in my collection), and I guess when I said I have to simplify my lip products collection apparently that referred to their packaging as well.



Next, I love the shade range - Rimmel made sure there are no repetitions and that what you see is what you get. And by that I mean that each shade has the same color intensity as it appears in the tube and as swatched or applied on the lips. With these lipsticks, you get a very pigmented, semi-matte finish with slight sheen. They glide on easily and evenly.


Lastly, I don't think I could have picked better everyday shades than the following: 08 - rose nude "my lips but better" shade, perfect for when I'm on the go; 11 a gorgeous dark berry shade for fall, that you have already seen wearing in the latest outfit post here; and the 05 - a berry pink shade that really brightens up my face.

I know in the future I'll start adding some new lip products to my routine, but for now these three lipstick shades (as well as the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector) do just the right work for me. But you know what? Not having to dig through a piles of piles of products, especially when you are in a hurry, is such a great feeling. Do you love to occasionally narrow down your make up or do you tend to hoard? Lipsticks somehow seem to be the hardest to resist, right? I would love to hear your thoughts on that in the comments below, as well as your favorite lipstick brands and shades this fall!



Follow my blog on Bloglovin', Facebook & Instagram.