July 23, 2015

The beauty talk: to tan and to protect.

Photos by me.

While you are reading this I'm on my way to get my Vitamin D and tan boost at my favorite beach. And, of course, I am taking a couple of essential face, hair and body products with me. As you can see, I'm pretty low-maintenance when it comes to number of products I carry with me on the beach. But I am very picky about their quality and their ingredients, because I need them not only to help me tan, but to protect, moisture and nourish my skin at the same time. You'll probably realize these SPF numbers are quite low but my skin has never been prone to sunburns and, since I'm living at sunny seaside, it has been gradually exposed to sun since May. But never once in the high-risk time of the day between the 11 and 2.

Lancaster Sun Beauty Tan Deepener SPF 6. Since I usually spend just an hour or two at the beach I knew it would take me way too long to develop the tan I want. And being quite impatient, I decided to step up my tanning game with this jelly-like product from Lancaster. Lightly tinted in dark red color, it is meant to help you tan faster as well as prolong the tan. I love its thick consistency and the scent, and how it leaves my skin looking radiantly tanned and feeling soft and moisturized.


Avène Moderate Protection Emulsion. I have shared my love for French brand Avène in the past, so it should come to no surprise that I have at least one of their product in my beach bag. Thick sun creams and me just don't get along (they always seem to leave me with clogged pores and heavy breakouts), so I knew this time I would go for lightweight gel or emulsion. I have to say, I could not have picked better! Avène emulsion has such a light texture and instant shine-control effect. And, what is more important, contains the combination of exclusive active ingredients that protect from UVB and UVA rays, free radicals and dehydration. Like all products from the brand, it has a high concentration in Avène Thermal Spring Water and it is suitable for sensitive skin.


Collistar Protective Reinforcing Hair Oil Spray. So I sometimes leave my hair all salty and messy after the beach, but I do give it a little TLC prior to sun and sea exposure. This wonderfully smelling oil creates a waterproof film on the hair and protects it against the UVA and UVB rays. Still, it is an oil so I try to be careful where I spray it and in what amount: while it leaves my hair ends looking shiny and nourished, it tends the roots of my hair look greasy.

Hawaiian Tropic Lip Gloss. An essential part of my beach bag second summer in a row. Not only it is light, non-sticky, intensely moisturizing, prevents any sun damage with a SPF 25, but it also adds a subtle glossiness. It comes in a variety of lovely fruity scents, and mine is Mango Papaya.

Are you hitting the beach today too or getting ready for a vacation? I would love to know what are your essential beach products, 
so please share your favorites in the comment section below!

___________________________________________________________________________
 
Get the latest updates on  BLOGLOVIN' & FACEBOOK.