January 2, 2015

The New Year Talk.

Photo by me.

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and you are now ready to take on the challenges in 2015! And I wish you all the best in your intentions! I have personally stepped into the New Year without any resolutions and expectations - I'm the type of person who never waits for January 1st or any arbitrary date and who believes that "now" is always the perfect time to make positive changes in your life. And although I made some general plans for the following twelve months, my experience so far has thought me that sometimes it is better to go with the flow and adjust along the way. I have never planned on running a blog in 2014 but that sudden and spontaneous idea turned out to be quite a good one.

And now, here are some things worth mentioning in the first post of 2015.

Blog anniversary: It was on January 5th 2014 that I have hit the "publish" button for the first time. As you can read from that first post, I'd had some blogging experience from the previous years and I quite knew what I was getting into. I knew I needed a creative outlet, I knew what I wanted to do but back then I didn't have quite a clear picture of what I want it all to become. And almost a 365 days, 190 posts, hundreds of studied and applied blogging tips, one blogging break, one re-design and re-vamp later, I am becoming more and more happy with the look and the content of my blog, and everything I have been accomplishing thanks to it. I can sincerely hope you are too.

2014 in review: I took the last days of 2014 to make a round up of all the things that have made the year a little bit more exciting. In case you missed it, you can see my favorite lifestyle, fashion and beauty picks; as well as the scrapbook of some of the photos that have been shared on here on the blog as well as on my Instagram.

Looks recap: Although I have never planned my blog to be focused just on my daily outfits, I have been trying to share as many of my personal style as possible. You can see all the featured looks in one place here. And while I probably couldn't choose my most favorite ones; I know which top three looks you went for: the edgy skull top and plaid shirt combo (here); cardigan jacket paired with faux leather (here) and the mix of oversized knit scarf with again faux leather leggins (here). Well, at least according to my Google Analytics.

Making a scrapbook: Now let's talk making some new memories. I am sure I'll be taking a lot of photos in 2015 and my blog will, once again, be some sort of scrapbook where I'll be keeping and treasuring them. But if you prefer keeping your memories in the more tangible way, then Lily from the Lily Pebbles YouTube Channel might have just a perfect suggestion for you. She has just shared a video showing the scrapbook she kept during the last year and giving all her tips and stationery recommendations. I admire her idea, her creativity and persistence, and I have to admit she intrigued me to try making and keeping a similar one this year. And whether you are a stationery addict like both Lily and me are, and even if you are not, this can become a beautiful thing to devote to in 2015.

For the end, I would love to hear whether you have made any plans and resolutions and 
what are you looking for in the new year! Let's keep the feedback alive in 2015 too!
__________________________________________________________________________________

Get the latest updates on  BLOGLOVIN' & FACEBOOK.