August 14, 2015

The hair talk / Argan oil & coconut milk

Photos by me.

Protecting your hair, supplying it with beneficial ingredients and keeping it healthy is something you should be doing year-round but especially during summer months. While sun and sea can help you get natural highlights and texture, they can do quite a damage if your hair is not well treated and protected. Today I'm sharing with you some of the products I mostly reach for whenever my hair ends or hair color are in a need of an extra TLC - and they all happen to be from the Ogx brand.

I love the wide range of Ogx hair products and their blend of ingredients: from argan oil, argain oil & shea butter, macadamia oil, coconut milk, coconut water, biotin & collagen to sea minerals and  eucalyptus mint. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find them all at the store, but from those that were available I picked two that I knew would not be a miss: an argan oil that my hair has been always responding to very well, and coconut - the one that is surely becoming the HG ingredient in my hair care and in my beauty regime in general.


Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco Shampoo. Because it is super-charged in vitamin E, fatty acids and antioxidants, argan oil is almost considered a "liquid gold" in the beauty industry. And having argan oil as the ingredient in shampoos, conditioners, masks and sprays can do wonders for your dry and damaged hair - its antioxidant nature will renew you hairs cell structure and help it regain its natural strength and smoothness. 
When it comes to this particular shampoo, I have found that for me it works the best as the cleanser. It perfectly cleans my hair of products build up and any salty residue after the beach, and leaves if soft, bouncy and shiny. The wonderful scent and the very thick and creamy consistency are definitely a plus in my book; and so is the fact that sometimes using this shampoo without a conditioner also does a great job of leaving my hair silky and manageable.

Argan Oil of Morocco Weightless Reviving Dry Oil. One of the best smelling and best multi-tasking hair sprays I have ever used! Once again, the exotic precious blend of Moroccan argan oil instantly infuses hair with an allover veil of shine and protection, so I have been mostly using it as a heat protecting, shine-infusing leave-in conditioner. Last winter, it was one of my to-go products on the rainy days as it was perfectly defrizzing and smoothing out my hair. And now in the summer, it is not unusual that I  take it to the beach instead of my Collistar UV protecting spray.


Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum. Yes, the argan oil spray is what my hair likes, but the coconut milk serum is what my hair absolutely loves! It has an unique blend of natural organic ingredients ( coconut oil - the only oil scientifically proven to penetrate the hair shaft to nourish from within, coconut milk, vanilla oil, shea butter, egg white protein, silk protein, vitamin E) which promise the nourishment, hydration, balance, shine and manageability. And it delivers!
With all that being said I cannot believe I've had this product since beginning of the year but just started properly using it for the last couple of weeks. But now it is an essential part of my hair care routine (I apply a pump or two on the entire hair after I get out of the shower) and immediately I am seeing difference in its texture and overall condition. And loving the tropical coconut smell that lingers on for hours! I think I'm going to need all the products from the Ogx Coconut Milk Range; as the matter of fact, the Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo is on my way right as I am typing this.

I would love to know if you have tried and liked any range from Ogx hair products? And what ingredients and products 
work best for your hair, especially now in the summer - looking forward to reading your favorites in the comment section below!


SHOP MY OGX HAIR PRODUCTS:




___________________________________________________________________________

Get the latest updates on  BLOGLOVIN' & FACEBOOK.