May 13, 2014

Focus on: distressed boyfriend jeans.


So we're discussing "boyfriend cut" and "distressed" today. Boyfriend cut as in comfortable pair of jeans you would take from your boyfriend, structure at the waist and roll up to make more flattering for girl's body. And distressed or ripped as in revived trend from the 80's that involves anything from a couple of shreds and slits to the large cuts that expose whole knees or sections of leg. And what do we get when the two are combined? One of the trendiest looks of Spring 2014.

The most appealing feature of distressed boyfriend jeans is the nonchalance they bring to the outfit but, like with any other trend, you don't want to go over the top. Wear them with a blazer and a pair of loafers or ballerina flats, or with a jacket and cropped top with some high heels. It is all about aiming to look effortlessly pulled together rather than too baggy or slouchy. See some of the inspirational looks here.

When it comes to my style, I've always been a "simple-dark-washed-skinny-fit-jeans" type of girl, and if somebody told me that this season I would be obsessing over these seemingly huge and non flattering type of jeans, I would have probably rolled my eyes. But something just clicked when I unintentionally tried these from Stradivarius, and now they are the first thing I pick from my closet and an item I build my entire outfit from. See just some of these looks published on the blog:


 See the full post: here and here.

 See my original posts for these looks here and here.


If you still look for a perfect pair of distressed boyfriend jeans you might consider these too:






 Follow my blog on Bloglovin', Facebook & Instagram.