November 22, 2014

The Fall Edit: on the go.

Photos by me.

Carrying around your entire arsenal of beauty products is just not practical. And if you don't want your arms and shoulders to hurt from an overfilled and overweight handbags you need to narrow down all these bits and bobs, lotions and potions that you feel you'd need after leaving the house. The key is choosing the multi-tasking, travel-sized products that will get the job done quickly and beautifully whenever and wherever. And today I'm sharing with you my current to-go products that, as you can see, can still fit even in my smallest bags and clutches.


Avène Thermal Spring Water Spray: Facial sprays are an inevitable part of my skincare routine throughout the year. While Caudalie Beauty Elixir and its refreshing blend of ingredients (grapes, orange blossom and organic balm mint) were perfect for the hot and humid months of summer, the cold and harsh weather of fall and winter requires mores soothing and moisturizing solution. One of them turned out to be a thermal water from Avène - sourced directly from the Avène thermal springs, with a neutral pH, low mineral content and high proportion of precious trace elements. And meant to sooth, soften and calm the skin. I carry the travel size (50ml) bottle and spray its fine mist on my skin whenever I feel my skin is getting drier than usual. Also if I have a cold a spritz or two will calm the area around my nose and mouth, irritated due to the runny nose and a tissue use.

Avene Cold Cream Lip Cream: The Thermal Spring Water also soothes and softens the dry and chapped lips, so I use it in the form of a rich and soft lip cream. Its lanolin and Vaseline base easily smooths over the lips, and not only does it provide an immediate remedy and protection, but it keeps them soft for a long time. Its tube packaging makes this cream a portable and an easy to apply product.

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector: Being just the perfect mix of balm, tint and gloss; these Lip Perfectors are designed to make lips appear like they are all plump, shiny and smooth.  The secret to it? "3D radiance pigments" (as claimed by Clarins), and some shea butter and mango extracts that help to nourish and protect the lips. The applicator is a soft sponge where this gel-like product is squeezed out; feeling incredibly creamy, light and absolutely no tacky. Clarins offers six natural tints that can be worn on their own or with a lipstick, and the shade I'm using is a peachy nude in 02. With all that being said, I cannot think of a better lip product when you are on the go.


OPI Avojuice Skin Quencher: I have always been a huge fan of OPI hand lotions because of their irresistible fragrances and adorable mini bottles. And that's the reason I always have at least one in my handbag although they are not as heavily moisturizing as I would want them to be in the colder months. Yes, they contain soothing Avocado and Aloe extracts and I do feel my hand and nails temporary moisturized and soft. But as they are very light and quickly absorbed, I love having them by my side when I'm out and about.

Mini  nail polish: Since I always manage to chip my nails whenever I leave the house, I need to carry a nail polish with me for a quick repair on the spot. And lately I've been reaching again for the L'Oreal Color Riche Nail Varnish in 102 macaron noisette because its neutral, subtle peachy nude shade.




See the other make up products I'm using this fall by clicking on the following links: Eyes, Radiant skin & Lipsticks.

What are your on-the-go products - don't hesitate to leave your favorites in the comments below!
Have a nice weekend!

Follow my blog on Bloglovin', Facebook & Instagram.